Program Manager Job Announcement
The Dublin Downtown Development Authority is seeking a full-time Program Manager to plan and promote events, manage and program facilities, oversee DDA communications, and assist with day-to-day operations. The ideal candidate will have obtained at minimum a bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field and have a strong background in public relations and marketing. He or she should be energetic, imaginative, well organized, and able to multi-task with minimal supervision. The position will require evening and weekend work.
The Program Manager will work under the direction of the Executive Director and be responsible for the following:
- Plan and staff downtown events including, but not limited to, the farmers market, First Friday, Pig in the Park BBQ Competition, Downtown Jingle & Mingle, New Year’s Eve Shamrock Drop, and other programming offered by the Downtown Development Authority.
- Create and manage website and social media content.
- Create advertisement and promotional flyers.
- Manage and program DDA facilities including: Theatre Dublin, Market on Madison, Dublin Carnegie, and Bicentennial Plaza.
- Complete administrative duties as needed.
- Must have a passion for community development. A strong candidate will be energetic, imaginative, well organized, and capable of functioning effectively with little supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, public relations or similar field required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Able to operate a variety of office machines, tools, and equipment.
- Must be able to use body members to work, move or carry objects or materials.
- Physical demand requirements are at levels of those for active work. Must be able to exert up to twenty pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to ten pounds of force frequently. Must be able to lift and/or carry weight of twenty to forty pounds.
- Annual salary: $30,000
- Earned vacation time and nine (9) paid holidays annually
- Submit resume, including three references, to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Program Manager” listed in subject line. Application materials may be mailed to Dublin DDA, 314 Academy Avenue, Dublin, GA 31021.
- Deadline to apply: February 10, 2017