Job Title: Custodian
The Dublin Downtown Development Authority manages three properties - Theatre Dublin, Market on Madison, and Dublin Carnegie. These venues are visited by thousands of patrons annually and each one requires special attention in cleaning and maintenance. Do you love to work with your hands and have pride in your work? Are you self-motivated and looking to join a group of people that love downtown Dublin and are incredible to work with?
DDA is seeking a part-time (20-30 hours per week) Custodian that would be responsible for ensuring that all patrons have a safe, relaxed, and pleasant experience while at DDA managed venues. The Custodian will oversee the caretaking of Theatre Dublin, Market on Madison, and Dublin Carnegie including janitorial duties and minor maintenance and repair.
The following duties are normal for this position. The omission of specific statements of the duties does not exclude them from the job responsibilities if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this position. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Performs custodial and housekeeping duties required to maintain and keep a clean and safe environment in all DDA managed facilities.
- Polishes furniture, vacuums floors, washes doors, walls, and railings; dusts shelves; washes windows; removes trash and debris; replaces trash can liners; takes out trash and recyclables; clean and sanitize equipment.
- Cleans bathrooms and restocks bathroom supplies.
- Cleans floors, carpets, counters and tables; strips, waxes and buffs floors.
- Determines and maintains needed equipment and cleaning supplies; which includes keeping equipment sanitized.
- Restocks supplies such as toilet paper, soap, and paper towels; replaces light bulbs and trash can liners.
- Picks up trash/debris from grounds surrounding facilities which includes sweeping walkways.
- Assembles small office furniture; moves furniture, boxes, and other light structures as requested.
- Set-up tables and chairs for events as requested.
Performs other related duties as required.
- Able to operate a variety of cleaning tools, and equipment.
- Must be able to use body members to work, move or carry objects or materials.
- Physical demand requirements are at levels of those for active work. Must be able to exert up to twenty pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to ten pounds of force frequently. Must be able to lift and/or carry weight of twenty to forty pounds.
High school diploma or GED required; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
Prior custodial experience and knowledge is preferred.
Background check and references required.
Night and weekend work required.
Potential job recipient must provide their own transportation and available to report to work should an emergency arise.
- Hourly, based on experience
Pick up and submit application at Theatre Dublin, 314 Academy Avenue, Dublin, GA 31021.
Please include three references.
Job position will remain open until filled.
For more information call 478.277.5074.